Who is the character? (Should be you in this scenario) Where did you come from?
- Me, Ariana Bolivar, Miami Florida
Intention / Desire
What did you want? (What is something you were trying to accomplish or overcome?) The higher the stakes on the intention, the better. What was your BURNING desire?
- I wanted to be "skinny"
Struggles & Obstacles
Why couldn't you get what you wanted? What challenges did you encounter along the way? (hardships, roadblocks, setbacks)
- Fear of judgement, lack of support, lack of education
What were the stakes? What will happen if they don’t get what they want?
- I would never love myself
Who or what helps them? How do they get what they want?
- Motivation, education, self love
How are they transformed by this experience? What is the big takeaway and how does this tie into why you're here making this video right NOW?
- Self love is never going to be acquired through reaching a point you want to be at, It is what helps you get to the point you want to be at.
Put The Story Together
- Now that all of the components for a great personal anecdote are there. Piece them together in the SHORTEST possible format. The goal for video outreach is to keep them under 2 minutes total, meaning your personal story can only take up 45sec-1min max of that time.
- First piece it all together below in a fluid format, then cut out any parts you can do without.
- Practice reading the story out loud with mannerisms included several times. Chop it down until you reach that smooth 45sec-1min mark.
Seeing the amount of success that you've accomplished through the course of your life, I bet that believing in yourself would have been the key ingredient to get to where you have been. Most of my life I was overweight and I thought that once I was "skinny" I would then be allowed to love myself, when in reality, I would've been more successful -and healthier- throughout my journey if I would've believed in myself from the start. I'm sure your path wasn't a whiff of fresh air at first but I guess that's why they say if its easy its not worth having !